Thursday, August 27, 2009

Phase 2: Staggered Start for Kindergarten

I have actually been avoiding the blog lately - sorry. It has been an emotional avoidance and instead I dove into the archive blog (http://growingvitales.blogspot.com/). I am only a year behind now (posts up to Aug. 2008 included) and I am looking forward to completing this project. Actually, I am thinking that I will go through and fill in some gaps when there were longer periods of time missing. I have lots of pictures and I can tell the story. Cool.

But, again, back to the avoidance. Why you might ask? Kindergarten...today...

Gavin has his first day of Kindergarten today. It is a staggered start day (He will attend one out of the first three days of school and then full time Tuesday Sept. 1.) So, no bus until Tuesday and he is taking Daddy with him. It is taking A LOT of will power to not attend myself. I think that it will be to Gavin's benefit that have Daddy there - less clingy to Dad. They are driving there today (now) and be there from 10-12:30. They get to see his room, go through some routine, visit the bathroom, etc. Then drive home. I can barely manage to think about this happening much less deal with the reality. So, I guess at this point, I am telling myself that this is Phase 2 of the startup process and it is still a guided tour until Tuesday. Phase 1 was last week.


Once the guys return, I will report back. Pictures, any details I am able to obtain (few expected from a tired, working night shift Daddy) and little boys that is very excited yet intimidated. More to come...

No comments: