Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School

~Nora~
Last week, we sent Gavin off to first grade. Today is Nora's first day of kindergarten - sort of. Nora completed preschool last year although her 5th birthday is not until October 10. She is not old enough for public school and I am not inclined to accelerate our journey. So, what then? Our daycare has an excellent kindergarten class that she will participate in every afternoon. She will still attend the preschool class M, W and F mornings. This is a great option for her. We look forward to this opportunity for her. She is very ready to go to the next level for academics.
Check out all the new digs. Spiderman for Gavin, Olivia for Nora and Toy Story 3 ("free") for Dylan. It is a rare occasion that they are not aware of each other's journey. I am so grateful for that.
Beautiful girl!
I had to pick out something "fancy and elegant", as Fancy Nancy would say. I'm sure Olivia would be disappointed that the dress is not red. Either way, Nora was very excited about her first day, her promotion in the ranks of daycare and the opportunity for a few new faces in class. There are a few new children (non-daycare) that are attending her class. If Nora was remotely nervous, it was well hidden.

No comments: