Saturday, June 20, 2009

Grandparents...Sandbox, Priceless!

Pete and I have been trying to take advantage more often when we see Gammie and Papa for date night or at a minimum, shopping or afternoon errand running - kid free. We recently went to a picnic for a friend's wedding celebration. We had planned to go as a family. This would have been fine but far less socializing and relaxing. My parents watched the kids for the afternoon and evening. This resulted in watery-sandbox-messy-muddiness...followed by early baths, good supper, playful evening, movie night and books and a successful off to bed.

Grandparents will let you get away with anything...

Yup, Nora's feet strike again. She is standing in, maybe on, the bucket. She is not afraid to get dirty. Neither in Dylan. He was still a little confused as to what sand is for. He repeated tried in out as a new food. He won't eat cooked carrots or broccoli but will eat sand?!?

WOW, I'm so glad I didn't have to clean up this mess, or them for that matter!

No comments: