Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New teeth AND old teeth...

The day we identified Gavin's wiggly baby teeth (1/23/10), I left for Florida for a few days paranoid that I would miss this milestone. The first teeth falling out. First tooth fairy? Maybe not that part but now 5 weeks later...it is getting down right silly. Gavin is eating at the side of mouth to avoid touching his wiggly baby teeth. Tooth brushing is a sensitive subject - protests. He refuses to tug on them or wiggle them. Nora was trying to talk him into "yanking" them the other night. Thanks to America's Funniest Home Videos, she offered to pull on the string if he tied them up. He told her "No Way!"


The dentist looked at his teeth and indicated that he looked good. Healthy teeth and made sure to point out to ensure brushing for his new molars. Gavin's mouth is small (start saving for orthodontics I suppose) but they indicated that he is definitely due for a growth spurt based on his mouth and face. I guess I have to agree. He has no room in there for teeth, no spaces between the baby teeth , etc. Bottom line is that he is OK, even with permanent teeth behind baby teeth, since the baby teeth are loose. "One good bite in an apple will take care of it." or "His baby teeth will get to a point where they are only hanging on by the plaque!" So, my scaredy-cat kid will eventually lose his first teeth but who knows when. Silly Billy!

No comments: