Saturday, February 20, 2010

Vitale Boys' Birthday Party

Happy Birthday to the Vitale boys (Gavin (6), Dylan (2) and Grandpa (61) - oh and Daddy (37) at the end of January. However, no cupcake or candles for you!! Grandma, Grandpa, Gammie and Papa came to town for a visit to celebrate all of these birthdays. Fun was had by all. Dylan even sang himself "Happy Birthday"; although he giggles after he gets that part out and only said Gavin's name.



Boys had a good time opening their take. Grandma and Grandpa got Gavin a new bike for his nice long legs. G.I. Joe tank and G.I Joe were also a big hit. Dylan has G.I. Joe riding motorcycles. Gavin also received one of the Cobra Force guys and Nora had him marrying a Tinkerbell fairy or maybe one of her Polly Pockets. Gavin was not amused by any of it!

Dylan received lots of new bikes to play with but the "guy" and the dirt bike is a fan favorite. He loves him. He has carried him around for a week. [Note, 3/15, "guy" is now a amputee - he has lost both of his legs due to stunt tricks gone wrong performed by a two-year old. He has another dirt bike that he purchased with birthday cash but it just isn't the same. I'm performing surgery later this week. He will most likely lose range of motion but I think he will at least appear to have legs.]

I was inspired in October for Nora's birthday to create a cake for Dylan. Gavin had a friends-party the weekend before so, this was little man's cake. Now, bikes are his favorite. Dirt bikes, motorcycles, etc. I was not up for that challenge - sorry Dilly. I had to substitute the next best thing. Fire trucks. So, I found this cake design on-line and I don't think I did too bad!! Dylan loved it and that is really all that matters to me.


At least he is wearing a "helmet". Bucket head! Dylan insists on riding this way in the house. He does wear a regular bike helmet outside in the driveway.
"I go fast!"

No comments: